- Avoid reading
- Read slowly and painfully
- Experience decoding errors, especially with the order of letters
- Struggle with spelling
- Show differences between listening comprehension and reading comprehension of same text
- Exhibit difficulty recalling known words
- Substitute one small sight word for another: a, I, he, the, was
- Have difficulty with handwriting
- Reverse letters
We understand that there are many different ways that children learn. It is our goal to engage your child in evidence-based strategies of the Orton-Gillingham Multi-Sensory Reading Method. Each one-on-one tutoring session is based on building the specific areas of weakness with an individualized lesson plan for each child. As a result, your child will build confidence and his/her reading skills will IMPROVE.
Read To Succeed also offers one-on-one tutoring for:
- Reading Comprehension
- Homework assistance
Our focus is Kindergarten – 5th grade in these subject areas.